vrNav2 7.07 beta
vrNav2 is an easy-to-use 3D scene navigation program for viewing and navigating 3D models in a virtual reality environment.
- Many aspects of the 3D Model are configurable
- Navigaton is configurable for each modelMap feature
- Configurable OpenGL graphic states
- Display is configurable. Config files are provided for a single display, a tiled display, and a spherical display (in spherical and flat plane)
- Stereo mode support
- The vrNav GUI can be used for control. It can be run independently on the same or a different machine.
- Time step support for scientific models for which multiple time steps were created
- Switch and date switch support
- Map of the world with current location pointer
- The BirdТ‘s eye view feature transports the viewer above the scene for a birdТ‘s-eye-view of the model.
- The ability to record and play back on pre-recorded paths, and the ability to record keyframes and play back on spline paths computed from those keyframes.
- The ability to automatically save images for movie and stereo movie paste up.
- The ability to save named locations in model space as Jump Points and the ability to jump immediately to a Jump Point in the model at any time.
- vrNav2 can add a sun, sun path, and/or a sun time sequence to the scene according to the geographic location and date and time.
- Interactive sound support communicates with the remote DySE Builder Sound Server built by David Beaudry of UCLA in Max.
- Collaborative VR allows two people or groups running vrNav2 at different locations to run it collaboratively on the same model. When one flys or drives through the model, the other follows.