Tomcat is the servlet container that is used in the official Reference Implementation for the Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages technologies.
The Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages specifications are developed by Sun under the Java Community Process.
Tomcat is developed in a participatory and open environment and released under the Apache Software License.
Tomcat is intended to be a collaboration of the best-of-breed developers from around the world.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Restore format of the first line of error message for JMX proxy servlet in case scripts were depending on it. (markt)
· When building a Windows installer do not copy whole "res" folder to output/dist, but only the files that we need. Apply fixcrlf filter only after the files are copied, so that INSTALLLICENSE file had correct line ends. (kkolinko)
· Remove res/License.rtf. The file that is actually shown by the Windows installer in res/INSTALLLICENSE. (kkolinko)
· Automate the OpenPGP signature generation for the release process. (markt)
· Don't exclude directories named target from the build process. (rjung)