PCGen 5.16.4 / 5.16.4 RC3 / 5.17.10 Alpha
PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program.
PCGen is a character generator and maintenance program aimed at supporting any and all d20 roleplaying games · most notably Dungeons and Dragons (3rd Ed., Wizards of the Coast), Star Wars (Lucasfilm Ltd.) and an assortment of others.
It can help you quickly create a new character or convert old ones, and it has the ability to generate character sheets and even party sheets through the use of templates (a variety of html templates are provided).
All data files are ASCII, which means that they can be edited with Notepad, Excel, vi or your favorite editor as long as you save it as plain text. It is very extensible so that classes, races, deities, domains, feats, skills, spells and weapon proficiencies can be added. It is written 100% in Java, so any system with Java 5 (1.5.x) or greater should be able to run PCGen.
GMGen Plugin Features
· Track combats, including damage, spells, and can even roll attacks. The current combat state may be saved for those game sessions which end in mid-combat.
· The combat tracker has a full stat block for loaded characters/enemies. If you want to see how your abilities look, you can pop up GMGen if you don't want to export a character sheet.
· Assign experience based on defeated combatants' CRs and the party level.
· Create encounters, generating the monsters on demand.
· Manage a campaign world through a notes system that allows word processing, as well as the ability to attach files to particular notes and the ability to launch those files/characters from the note.
· Generate random names for people/places/things.
· Calculate travel times and inn costs according to the SRD.
· Create 'dice bags' with any dice expression (such as 1d6-2d4+3).
Here are some key features of "PCGen":