Buffalo TS5800DN NAS Firmware 3.51 for Mac OS
- Failover: Improved the security level.
- Replication: A backup device access key is now supported. This access key is the same as the one used for a backup job.
- Dropbox Sync: The Dropbox API has been updated from v1 to v2.
- Settings: Improved the security level.Bug Fixes:
- Backup: Fixed a bug where backup settings were not configured in Easy Admin.
- Backup: Fixed a bug where older generation backup data remained even if running the management backup with LVM enabled.
- Failover: Fixed a bug where the USB drive settings were copied to the backup unit if failover is configured with connecting the USB drive to the main unit.
- Failover: Fixed a bug where a backup job failed because the off-subnet device lists were not sent over to the backup unit when failover occurred.
- Failover: Fixed a bug where the backup unit could not switch to the main unit when the main unit could not be detected on the network even if failover settings were configured so that the backup unit could switch to the main unit manually.
- Replication: Fixed a bug where the replication task was resynced using a different LAN port from the configured LAN port if the configured LAN port is disconnected.
- Replication: Fixed a bug where synchronization failed when multiple tasks are created.
- Antivirus: Fixed a bug where a virus-infected file path was not displayed correctly when LVM was enabled.
- Antivirus: Fixed a bug where a quarantine target file path was invalid in the notification email sent when a virus was detected.
- Antivirus: Fixed a bug where the virus scan was run for a quarantine folder.
- Antivirus: Fixed a bug where the quarantine folder was not displayed correctly depending on the drive settings.
- Antivirus: Fixed a bug where the virus scan did not become disabled even if the setting was disabled for the shared folder when it was created.
- Antivirus: Fixed a bug where quarantine may fail when multiple infected files were detected at the same time.
- UPS Sync: Fixed a bug where the E10 error message did not disappear even after disconnecting/reconnecting the serial cable of serial connection UPS device.
- UPS Sync: Fixed a bug where the E10 error message displayed randomly if the UPS device is connected to the TeraStation and the time settings are changed to a future time.
- iSCSI: Fixed a bug where an iSCSI volume could not be removed after the volume connection was disabled.
- iSCSI: Fixed a bug where an iSCSI volume may be corrupted if the RAID array is created and LVM is enabled.
- Drives: Fixed a bug where the "mediacartridges" folder that is created automatically when the drive was formatted as a media cartridge could not be erased.
- Workgroup/Domain: Fixed a bug where Active Directory domain settings could not be configured in Easy Admin if the default gateway was set.
- Workgroup/Domain: Fixed a bug where Active Directory domain settings could not be configured in Easy Admin if a different IP address from the secondary DNS server address was entered into the "DNS Name" box.
- NFS: Fixed a bug where the TeraStation could not be accessed from specific NFS clients.
- Sleep Timer: Fixed a bug where sleep timer did not work properly if UPS sync is configured.
- Dropbox Sync: Fixed a bug where the Dropbox Sync task settings could not be displayed properly.
- Dropbox Sync: Fixed a bug where the capacity used was not displayed properly.
- Network: Fixed a bug where the ARP cache was not cleared.
- Restore/Erase: Fixed a bug where the settings saved on the USB drive could not be restored from it.
- Settings: Fixed a bug where unexpected error message was displayed while multiple replication tasks are edited.
- Settings: Fixed a bug where unexpected error message was displayed when multiple users are deleted.Before updating the firmware:
- Do not turn off the TeraStation until the firmware update is complete and the "finished" message is displayed.
- USB drives may not be mounted automatically after updating the firmware. To mount them, unplug and then reconnect them.
- Disconnect iSCSI volumes with the iSCSI Initiator before updating the firmware.
- Make sure the TeraStation's Ethernet frame size is smaller than the hub or router's. Larger frame sizes may not transfer the data to the TeraStation correctly.
- If an external USB drive is configured as a target for TeraStation backup, the drive should be formatted with ext3, XFS, or FAT32. Do not use an NTFS-formatted drive as a backup target or unexpected behavior may result.
- If a "Replication I33 ReplicateFailure" error occurs, navigate to 'Backup' - 'Replication' and click 'Run Differential Backup'.
- If a "I33 ReplicateFailure" replication error occurs, navigate to 'Backup' - 'Replication' - 'Edit Failover Status' and click 'Sync'.How to Update the Firmware:
- Connect the TeraStation and a computer to run the updater on the same network subnet. The subnet masks should be the same and the first three numbers of the IP addresses should be the same. The last number of the IP addresses should be different.
- Exit all applications. Also, stop or exit any firewall software.
- Extract the downloaded file and run "TSUpdater.exe". When a TeraStation is detected, an update window will open.
- If multiple TeraStations are connected to the network, select which TeraStation to update.
- Click 'Update' and enter the TeraStation's administrator password.
- Click 'OK'.
- It will take several minutes for the firmware to update. During the update process, the info LED will blink. Don't disconnect or power down the TeraStation until the update is finished.
- When the update is finished, a message will be displayed.About Network-Attached Storage Updates:
Upgrading the Network-Attached Storage (NAS) firmware can improve the system’s overall performance, stability, and security by adding various fixes for related issues, enhancing existing features (or adding support for new ones), or updating different applications.
Due to the high number of NAS manufacturers, as well as network storage types, installing a new firmware might not be always as easy as it appears – and not too safe either. Failing to perform a software update can cause serious malfunctions to the network storage.
So, before you even consider applying this release, carefully read the installation guide and initiate the process only when you have understood and completely familiarized yourself with all the steps.
Moreover, it would be best if you take into account using a UPS unit (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to perform this task, because no power disruption should affect the upgrade.
With all these aspects in mind, after you have read the installation guide, click the download button to apply this firmware version to your NAS. Remember to check back with our website in order to stay up to speed with the latest releases.
Примечание: Ссылка "скачать" может вести как непосредственно на файл, так и на сайт производителя, на котором Вы можете найти нужный файл.
Это связано с тем, что некоторые производители не позволяют размещать прямые ссылки на файлы.