NETGEAR FS728TP Switch Firmware 18.104.22.168
- Add TCP/UDP based QoS Queue mapping
- Add Configurable Management VLAN function
- Add IPv6 ACL
- Add LLDPLimitations and Known Issues:
- When “Limited Dynamic Lock” is enabled and the violation action is to shutdown the port, the port will only shutdown if it receives packet with MAC address that has not been learned by other secured port. If MAC address is already learned by other port with security also enabled, the packet will be discarded. There is there is no security vulnerability as packets from unsecured MAC addresses will never be forwarded.
- Changing the default PVID would automatically remove the port from VLAN 1.
- The GUI of ACL does not block improper address like multicast address or broadcast address.
- Workaround: Please avoid entering incorrect MAC address.
- Refreshing the page (Ctrl+F5) will always bring you back to the first page, which is the System Information page.
- Workaround: Please manually navigate to the desired page again.
- When specify IPv6 ACL rule, the permit all (permit any any) rule would only forward the packet with IP header. As a result, the implicit “deny all” rule will drop all non-IP packets like ARP.
- Workaround: Use MAC ACL rule that permits all (permit any any) in conjunction with IPv6 ACL.Warnings:
- Please make sure the firmware version of your FS728TP smart switch is running with version 22.214.171.124 before upgrading it to version 126.96.36.199. Otherwise, the device will become inoperable.
- If your device is running with V1.x.x.x firmware, please refer to the upgrade instruction for version 188.8.131.52.
- Please go to Maintenance->Download to upgrade the boot code to version 184.108.40.206 first before upgrading the firmware to version 220.127.116.11Upgrade Procedure:
1) Save the current configuration data. Normally, the firmware will preserve the original configuration in the switch. However, because this is a major firmware upgrade, you may want to save a copy of current running configuration, just in case something goes wrong during the upgrade. To do so, go to "Maintenance -> Upload" page, and select Text Configuration option and click the Apply button to save the configuration file.
2) Download the new firmware from the NETGEAR product support page and store it in a PC, and remember its location in the PC’s file system.
3) There are two ways to download the new firmware from PC to the switch:
- One is using TFTP which requires a TFTP server be installed on the PC where the firmware is stored from step #2. If you preferred to use TFTP method, or you're using telnet session to perform firmware upgrade, continue to step 5.
- The second method is to use web browser for downloading which requires of no TFTP server. Continue to the next step to use HTTP file download.
4) To use HTTP method, go to the following web GUI page (Maintenance -> Download -> HTTP File Download), select the location of the new firmware via the Choose File button, and click the Apply button to start firmware upgrade. The upgrade will take about 12 minutes. Do not power cycle the switch before the process is complete.
- After the Apply button is clicked, the file transfer will start, and followed by writing the new image to the Flash memory. Do not power cycle or reboot the switch before the process is complete, and the success message will show up as below.
- After the successful completion the upgrade, proceed to step #8 to restart the switch.
5) To use the TFTP method, start a TFTP server on the PC where the new images are stored. If you do not have a TFTP server, we recommend using free tools such as PumpKIN or TFTPD32.
6) You can use either web interface or CLI interface to perform upgrade using TFTP. To use web interface, go to "Maintenance -> Download -> File Download," select Transfer Mode as TFTP, complete the text fields on the page and hit Apply to start. To use CLI, either telnet into the switch or use console port and follow these steps below.
7) On the switch console, type the following command:
a. # copy tftp://<tftp server IP address>/<image name> system:image
b. It will ask for confirm with input data displayed. Hit enter if all parameters look correct.
c. The download should take a minute or two. After that, the code will be checked for possible corruption, if not, it will report firmware successfully upgraded.
d. Reboot the switch by typing "reload" command or power cycle the switch.
8) To use GUI to restart the switch, go to web page "Maintenance -> Reset" page, Device Reboot table.
- Make sure that "All" is selected in "Reboot Unit No" drop down menu box. If it is shown with some other value like "1", then only unit 1 in the stack will be rebooted, and this may result in stack failure after the stack is rebooted. You may select "Save prior to reboot" option if you feel there are changes that may not have being saved. Click the Apply button to start the reboot process.
9) After the switch is restarted, type the following CLI command to verify the version is correct.
a. # show hardware
b. Or, go to GUI System main page (System -> Management -> System Information, under Device Status) to confirm the switch firmware is the one downloaded.
10) Verify the switch running configuration by issuing "show running-config" command. The output should match the configuration file saved on step #1. If they are not, please call NETGEAR customer support on discrepancy and manually re-apply the missing configuration commands back to the switch.
11) You can now make additional configuration changes for other applications, and be sure to use "save" command to save the configuration after you're done.About Switch Firmware:
Given the large variety of models and different methods for upgrading the switch, if you wish to apply this package, we recommend that you read and understand the installation steps before you install a new firmware, even if you are a power user.
Usually the update procedure isn’t much of a hassle as manufacturers try to make it as simple as possible; however, there are cases that are exceptions to this rule. First off, go to the system information page of the switch to check that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Applying a new firmware can decrease the security vulnerabilities, enhance overall performance and compatibility, improve various power management functions, resolve different errors, and add support for newly developed technologies and protocols.
It is recommended that you perform this step in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit, and that you don’t interrupt the upgrade in any way, because this might cause the switch to malfunction.
That being said, click the download button, get and apply the new version, and check back with our website constantly to stay up to speed with the latest releases.
Примечание: Ссылка "скачать" может вести как непосредственно на файл, так и на сайт производителя, на котором Вы можете найти нужный файл.
Это связано с тем, что некоторые производители не позволяют размещать прямые ссылки на файлы.