NETGEAR FS728TP Switch Firmware 126.96.36.199
- Please read the upgrade and downgrade instruction carefully before upgrading to the new 188.8.131.52 firmware or downgrading from 184.108.40.206 to older firmware. Improper upgrade procedure may cause the device to become inoperable and must be replacedEnhancements and Bug fixes:
- Fix the problem that SNMPv1/2 management stations entries appear in SNMPv3 Management stations page, and can not be deleted.
- Fix the problem that entry in will be unexpectedly deleted when setting port values in IP Rules Table in Security > ACL > IP Rules page.
- Fix the issue that popup help window won’t come up when the popup window for showing “untagged” and “tagged” port members of VLAN is present.
- Resolve the problem that configuration file cannot be downloaded.
- Fix the issue that Local Engine ID display format is inconsistent under System > SNMP > SNMPv3 >Engine ID page. For example, you enter 00:e3:ab:cd:12:56 to Local Engine ID, system won’t accept it. You enter 00e3abcd1256, it will display 00e3abcd1256.
- Update and correct help descriptions in various context help pages.Limitations and Known Issues:
- Only members of default VLAN (VLAN ID of 1) can manage the switch.
- When “Limited Dynamic Lock” is enabled and the violation action is to shutdown the port, the port will only shutdown if it receives packet with MAC address that has not been learned by other secured port. If MAC address is already learned by other port with security also enabled, the packet will be discarded. There is there is no security vulnerability as packets from unsecured MAC addresses will never be forwarded.
- The GUI of ACL does not block improper address like multicast address or broadcast address.
- Workaround: Please avoid entering incorrect MAC address.
- Refreshing the page (Ctrl+F5) will always bring you back to the first page, which is the System Information page.
- Workaround: Please manually navigate to the desired page again.Upgrading
- Download the link below to a PC , and unzip it to a convenient folder. This is a large file!
- To upgrade your FS728TP switch from an older version (1.x.x.x) of firmware to V220.127.116.11, you would need to upgrade your device to the interim image included in the download (FS728TP-V100interim.ros) first. If you are upgrading from 18.104.22.168, you can skip the interim firmware upgrade step.
- Then, perform the upgrade again from the interim image to V22.214.171.124.
- Once switch is running with version > 126.96.36.199, there is no need to use the interim image again for upgrading the FW to any newer version.About Switch Firmware:
Given the large variety of models and different methods for upgrading the switch, if you wish to apply this package, we recommend that you read and understand the installation steps before you install a new firmware, even if you are a power user.
Usually the update procedure isn’t much of a hassle as manufacturers try to make it as simple as possible; however, there are cases that are exceptions to this rule. First off, go to the system information page of the switch to check that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Applying a new firmware can decrease the security vulnerabilities, enhance overall performance and compatibility, improve various power management functions, resolve different errors, and add support for newly developed technologies and protocols.
It is recommended that you perform this step in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit, and that you don’t interrupt the upgrade in any way, because this might cause the switch to malfunction.
That being said, click the download button, get and apply the new version, and check back with our website constantly to stay up to speed with the latest releases.
Примечание: Ссылка "скачать" может вести как непосредственно на файл, так и на сайт производителя, на котором Вы можете найти нужный файл.
Это связано с тем, что некоторые производители не позволяют размещать прямые ссылки на файлы.