SmallHD 702 OLED On-Camera Monitor Firmware 1.7
1. The 702-OLED now features a new calibration menu.
a. OLED Monitors are calibrated to a proprietary SmallHD colorspace.
b. Custom calibration LUTs can be installed on the monitor by the user, using the calibration sub-menu.
i. When loading Calibration LUT, they must indicate which of 5 colorspace targets they have calibrated to:
1. REC709 w/ D65 WP & 2.4 Gamma
2. DCI-P3 w/ DCI WP & 2.6 Gamma
3. DCI-P3 w/ D65 WP & 2.6 Gamma
4. Wide Gamut w/ DCI WP & 2.6 Gamma
5. Wide Gamut w/ D65 WP & 2.6 GammaISSUES NEW TO THIS FIRMWARE
1. Functional Issues
a. Backlight Control is currently lockedKNOWN (EXISTING) ISSUES
1. Image Rendering Issues
a. Interlaced & psf formats “bounce” for high frame-rates (60 frames per second and above)
b. Pages view may show artifacts and flickering
c. Enabling Exposure Assist and Peaking at the same time will result in the bright peaking lines being introduced into the false color image. Most noticeable in images with fine detail, high contrast edges.
2. Functional Issues a. Profiles
i. Large Profiles can overflow memory allocated to them and result in only part of a profile saving / loading
ii. Using large profiles can result in lost scopes and tools on reboot. Reload saved profile to overcome this issue
b. Audio Data
i. No audio through SDI signals
ii. Audio will not pass downstream when a LUT is applied to the output preview page
iii. Audio Meters can become “Stuck” at the last position measured
1. Unplug and replug cable to repair
3. Format Issues
i. ALL Signal Types
1. SD signals do not convert HDMI → SDI or SDI → HDMI 2. 720p 23.98, 720p24
a. Do not convert HDMI → SDI or SDI → HDMI
ii. SDI → HDMI
1. 1080psf25, 1080psf29.97, 1080p30
a. Convert to interlaced signals, NOT psf
i. 1080psf25 → 1080i25
ii. 1080psf29.97 → 1080i29.97
iii. 1080psf30 → 1080i30 2. 1080psf23.98, 1080psf24
a. Do not convert SDI → HDMI
iii. HDMI → SDI
1. 10 bit & 12 bit data streams do not convert from HDMI → SDICAUTION:
Make sure you do not lose power during firmware update
1. Download the latest .zip file version 1.7
2. Unzip file (extract files)
3. Read the included chagelog .pdf file to see what changes are included
4. Drag and drop .bin file from download onto your SD card (Must be 16gb or smaller – FAT or FAT32 for Windows, MS-DOS (FAT) for Mac)
5. Remove SD Card from computer or card reader attached to computer
6. Insert SD card into your 702 OLED monitor
7. Turn on your monitor
8. Page left on your 702 OLED all the way with the thumb stick to the monitor’s Settings Menu
9. Select firmware update in Settings Menu and follow on-screen prompts
10. Once firmware is installed and the on-screen prompts tells you to reboot your monitor – remove the power source and then re-attach the power source to reboot (power button will not work for this reboot)About Field Monitor Firmware:
Applying a newer firmware version than the one already installed on your unit can bring various enhancements, include workarounds for diverse problems encountered by the device, and improve or add newly developed features.
On the other hand, downgrading the firmware version can recover the device’s functionality in the event of a software update either turning up faulty or causing the unit’s overall performance to drop. However, bear in mind that applying an older firmware isn’t recommended and might not always be possible.
When it comes to the update steps, due to the large variety of devices and numerous ways for installing a new firmware, it is recommended that you carefully read and understand the upgrade steps, and consider applying a different firmware only when you have familiarized yourself with the update method.
As the installation process is most of the times quite risky, this step should be taken by users that have the ability to successfully complete the update; regular users may initiate it at their own risk. Moreover, it’s best that this task be performed in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit.
Therefore, if you consider applying this release, hit the download button, take into account all the aforementioned aspects, and update the device’s firmware. Also make sure you constantly check with our website to ensure that you don’t miss a single new release.
Примечание: Ссылка "скачать" может вести как непосредственно на файл, так и на сайт производителя, на котором Вы можете найти нужный файл.
Это связано с тем, что некоторые производители не позволяют размещать прямые ссылки на файлы.