SmallHD 702 Bright On-Camera Monitor Firmware 2.7
1. Fixed a specific Camera incompatibility with Nikon D500 Camera on HDMI.
The problem was caused by our EDID data not being correctly interpreted by the Nikon camera. The timing of the SDA signal in relation to the SCL driven from the Nikon's HDMI
2. Minor improvements made to improve firmware stabilityKnown Bugs:
1. Audio Data is not passed downstream on HDMI or SDI
- Audio Meters and Headphone output will not work on downstream monitorsInstallation steps:
1. Download .zip file.
2. Unzip file (extract files).
3. Read the included ReadMe .txt file to see what changes are included.
4. Drag and drop .bin file from download onto your SD card (Must be 16gb or smaller – FAT or FAT32 for Windows, MS-DOS (FAT) for Mac).
5. Remove SD Card from computer or card reader attached to computer.
6. Insert SD card into your 500 series monitor.
7. Turn on your monitor.
8. On monitor, page left all the way with your joystick to the monitor’s Setting Menu.
9. Select firmware update in settings menu and follow on screen prompts.
10. Once firmware is installed and the on screen prompt tells you to reboot your monitor – remove the power source and then re-attach the power source to reboot (power button will not work for this reboot).About Field Monitor Firmware:
Applying a newer firmware version than the one already installed on your unit can bring various enhancements, include workarounds for diverse problems encountered by the device, and improve or add newly developed features.
On the other hand, downgrading the firmware version can recover the device’s functionality in the event of a software update either turning up faulty or causing the unit’s overall performance to drop. However, bear in mind that applying an older firmware isn’t recommended and might not always be possible.
When it comes to the update steps, due to the large variety of devices and numerous ways for installing a new firmware, it is recommended that you carefully read and understand the upgrade steps, and consider applying a different firmware only when you have familiarized yourself with the update method.
As the installation process is most of the times quite risky, this step should be taken by users that have the ability to successfully complete the update; regular users may initiate it at their own risk. Moreover, it’s best that this task be performed in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit.
Therefore, if you consider applying this release, hit the download button, take into account all the aforementioned aspects, and update the device’s firmware. Also make sure you constantly check with our website to ensure that you don’t miss a single new release.
Примечание: Ссылка "скачать" может вести как непосредственно на файл, так и на сайт производителя, на котором Вы можете найти нужный файл.
Это связано с тем, что некоторые производители не позволяют размещать прямые ссылки на файлы.