NETGEAR FS728TLP Switch Firmware 18.104.22.168
- Fail to display the GUI page completely if there is a lot of traffic collisions or a slow connection between the switch and host PC.Firmware Upgrade procedures by using web browser:
- Download and unzip the new firmware and store it in local PC.
- Go to GUI page “Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image > Dual Image Status”, find the backup (next-active) image.
- Suppose the backup-image, then go to “Maintenance > Download > HTTP File Download”, set File Type as ‘Code’, set Image Name as ‘Image1’, select the firmware file of .rom format stored in local PC via Browser button, then click Apply button to start firmware downloading.
- The download will take several minutes. Do not power cycle the switch before the success message shows up as below.
- Go to GUI page “Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image > Dual Image Status”, to double check the latest image is correctly downloaded to image1 and image1 is the ‘next-active’ image. If not, go back and download the switch image again.
- Go to GUI page ‘Maintenance > Reset > Device Reboot’, check the checkbox then click Apply button. The restart may take several minutes, do not power cycle or reboot the switch before the process is complete.
- After the switch is restarted, login the switch to double check whether the FW is upgraded correctly, via GUI page of “GUI page System > Management > System Information”.About Switch Firmware:
Given the large variety of models and different methods for upgrading the switch, if you wish to apply this package, we recommend that you read and understand the installation steps before you install a new firmware, even if you are a power user.
Usually the update procedure isn’t much of a hassle as manufacturers try to make it as simple as possible; however, there are cases that are exceptions to this rule. First off, go to the system information page of the switch to check that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Applying a new firmware can decrease the security vulnerabilities, enhance overall performance and compatibility, improve various power management functions, resolve different errors, and add support for newly developed technologies and protocols.
It is recommended that you perform this step in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit, and that you don’t interrupt the upgrade in any way, because this might cause the switch to malfunction.
That being said, click the download button, get and apply the new version, and check back with our website constantly to stay up to speed with the latest releases.
Примечание: Ссылка "скачать" может вести как непосредственно на файл, так и на сайт производителя, на котором Вы можете найти нужный файл.
Это связано с тем, что некоторые производители не позволяют размещать прямые ссылки на файлы.