Sony Vaio VPCEF4E1E AMD SATA Preinstall Driver 184.108.40.2061 for Windows 7
- These drivers/utilities come already preinstalled on your VAIO computer. If you are still using the originally preinstalled Operating System, you can reinstall any of these drivers/utilities by using the Vaio Recovery Center program on your VAIO computer.
- Some VAIO preinstalled programs are not provided for download due to copyright restrictions.
1. Exit all running programs.
2. Download this file and save it to your hard drive.
3. When the download is completed, locate the downloaded file in the location you specified.
4. Right-click the file downloaded in previous step and choose "Extract All".
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to extract the compressed file.
6. Open Device Manager (Start > type without quotes "Device Manager" in the Start Search box > press "Enter")
7. Right click "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller" under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" and click "Update driver software".
8. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
9. Click "browse" and select the folder which you extracted in step 5 above.
10. Click "OK" and click "Next".
11. Wait while the driver is being installed.
12. Click "Close" and restart your computer if prompted.
About SATA / AHCI / RAID Drivers:
When you install an operating system, SATA settings (be it AHCI, RAID, or IDE mode) are detected from the BIOS. If you want to change from one mode to another after the OS has been applied, appropriate drivers are required.
Bear in mind that if you modify these settings without installing proper files first, the operating system will not be able to boot until changes are reverted or required drivers are applied.
To perform the latter task, get the package, run the available setup and follow the instructions displayed on-screen for a complete installation. Afterwards, perform a system reboot so that all changes take effect, enter BIOS menu, and set the SATA option to the mode that best describes the newly applied drivers.
So, if you intend to modify the SATA settings to the mode described by this release, click the download button, and make the desired changes. In addition to that, don’t forget to constantly check with our website so that you don’t miss a single new release.
Примечание: Ссылка "скачать" может вести как непосредственно на файл, так и на сайт производителя, на котором Вы можете найти нужный файл.
Это связано с тем, что некоторые производители не позволяют размещать прямые ссылки на файлы.