Linksys EA8500v1 Router Firmware 22.214.171.124977
- Update for compliance of the latest CE requirements (European models)
- Addressed IOActive security issues
- Additional security fixes and enhancements
- Resolved issue of DHCP reservation feature not working properly if user changes local
- Resolved issue of toggling Wi-Fi disable/enable button may disable guest network
- Resolved issue of DMZ feature not working properly
- Resolved issue of PPPoE detection overriding DHCP detection in a dual server environment
on WAN even though DHCP is first detected
- Resolved issue of IPv6 incompatibility when prefix is not 64-bit
- Resolved issue of not being able to display IPv6 prefix address in status report if the
prefix is not 64-bit
- Resolved issue of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi and NTP not working with Universal Telecom in Sweden
- Resolved issue of IPv6 firewall blocking inbound, unsolicited IPsec traffic (IKE and ESP)
- Addressed an issue of notification function of the product
- Various minor bug fixes and enhancementsIMPORTANT:
- DO NOT power down the router during the firmware upgrade process.Installation Instructions:
- Download the firmware of your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router
- If the firmware file you have downloaded is in .zip format, double-click the file and extract its contents to a single folder or to the Desktop
- Access your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account.
- Click Connectivity.
- Under the Firmware Update section, click “Choose File”
- Select the file you extracted and click Open.
- Click “Star”
- On the Update firmware pop-up box, click Yes.
- Your router will start updating the firmware.
- A Router Reboot screen will pop up. Click Ok to continue. The router reboot process usually takes a few minutes.
- On the Firmware update complete screen, click OkAbout Router Firmware:
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn't either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn't be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don't always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you're looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don't power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don't miss the update that will improve your device.
Примечание: Ссылка "скачать" может вести как непосредственно на файл, так и на сайт производителя, на котором Вы можете найти нужный файл.
Это связано с тем, что некоторые производители не позволяют размещать прямые ссылки на файлы.