When not in use, the program hides as a tiny bar on top of your desktop, and when you hold your mouse over it, the interface will appear. You can type or copy/paste bits of text and even scribble down simple drawings.
The program also offers some additional features, including an option to start frequently run programs, encrypt secret texts and even change the system volume by hotkeys. It also includes an integrated Task-Manager, that allows you to set reminders for selected notes, and can also shut down your PC at specified times.
The interface colors can be customized to fit your personal preference and the program also supports transparency under XP/2000. You can have up to 4 simultaneous scrapbooks and they will be automatically saved.
- Improved category view: All Quicknotes and categories can now freely be renamed and their order changed by Drag & Drop.
- Searching through all Quicknotes is possible
- New unit converter and changes in Т‘calculationsТ‘ window
- Possibility to go automatically into sleep mode when Quicknote loses focus
- New tool for measuring pixel distance on screen
- Option not to show volume scale when using volume hotkeys
- Option to show the date and time in the title bar
- Quite a lot of smaller improvements and additions as well as bugfixes
- New languages added: Spanish and Swedish
- New possibility to organize the Quicknotes in a tree. This enables quicker access and better organization of the notes in categories.
- Option to reset the focus to the window that was active before going into sleep mode
- New items in Conversions window, including new checksum and hash algorithms